Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Unsolved Mysteries

In 1984, seven-year-old, Gary Grant Jr. was said to be missing when he didn't come home for dinner. His dad was a detective and went out looking for him all night. Him and his wife reported him missing the next day. The police went out in a search, a couple days later, they found Gary beaten to death by a heavy pipe that was next to him. The police questioned Gary's friend, Boo, 12. He was mentally challenged. The way the police were questioning him, Boo kept getting his story mixed up. He told the police, he had hit Gary with the pipe but didn't kill him. Boo was put in a juvenile detention center. After a polygraph test and a trial, Boo was innocent and set free. There were no other leads. Two years later, a cop care was vandalized. It read, "Gary Grant’s dead.  I am living.  Another will die on January 12th if all goes right." Then a few weeks later another note was found scratched in the sidewalk, "Gary Grant Jr. lives.  I still killed him.  Son of a pig officer.  Payback is a M.F." They still never found the murderer. This story fascinates me because Gary's father is the only one who may know who the doer is. Gary's father was just doing his job and now his son is dead. I'm fascinated from this, I want justice, Gary deserves it. 

Cold case is a show I love to watch. It is fictional but all the cases are unsolved until Lily and her team reopen the case. There are cases from forty years ago to a year ago. It is one of my favorite shows. In the beginning it shows a scenario and then someone is shown dead. Lily and her team keep finding pieces to the puzzle and try to put them together. I try to too but I am never right. I'm fascinated with it because it is never the same story again and again, it is always different. The stories are fictional but they could happen in real life. Also I like seeing them close the case and letting the family of the victim have justice and closure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment