Sunday, February 24, 2013

Close to Home..



The murder of Gary William Redner was one that I looked up online and read about. He was a 55 year old man who was executive vice president of Redner’s Markets Inc. and was discovered on March 9, 2008, dead. It is fascinating to me because it is so close to home – only about an hour or so from where I live and this is the exit, the Hiedelberg exit, is where my sister drives to every day to go to school. It remains unsolved which scares me a little. The police are still working on the case and receiving tips, but have not found out who murdered Redner.

I also looked up a hit and run incident that occurred on July 5, 2007 when Melissa Johnson, a young ten year old girl was sitting in her family’s minivan and a tractor trailer side swiped them and young Johnson lost her life only six days after sustaining injuries from the hit and run. The police still don’t know who the driver was. This particular unsolved case saddens me because the person who killed little Melissa never even stopped. They just kept on driving.

What I find most fascinating about these unsolved crimes is that they are so close to home. This kind of stuff doesn’t just happen in books or movies, but in real life. Reading these articles about these people who died reminds me how real these situations are. It saddens me to see how heartless people can be and what this world is coming to.


 Links to Redner articles:




Links to Johnson articles:




 





No comments:

Post a Comment