Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Unsolved Crime/Mystery

The first example of an unsolved crime/mystery that I thought of was the Natalee Holloway disappearance/murder in Aruba in 2005. I find this one fascinating because there has never been a body found, and the last people that she was seen with were just normal boys. If they indeed killed her they pulled off the perfect crime, because they were never caught. I also think it's interesting that Aruba officials were so involved and seemed to be in on covering something up. One of the suspects also confessed to murdering her or doing something with her but then recanted his confession later and got away with it. There is so many differences and turns in the case that there is no way to really know what happened anymore, and it will never really be known.

The second example of an unsolved crime/mystery that I thought of was one that's occurred recently and close to my hometown. Kortne Stouffer who disappeared in July from her home. She hasn't been found or seen since then. There has been no trace of her and no body has been found. I find this one fascinating because it happened so close to my hometown and some of my friends knew her. It's interesting to me because she was last seen in her house that night then all of a sudden was gone without a trace, with no evidence of foul play or anything like that. It's fascinating/interesting/scary to think that someone near my house could have taken her or murdered her or done something to her and that's why this one holds my interest so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment