Wednesday, February 20, 2013

unsolved crimes/mysteries

The first unsolved mystery that I find interesting is the case of Natalee Holloway. I think this is a fascinating crime because she is our age. She was doing something that is considered normal to us. Going on spring break with her friends and not returning is not normal though. While there are a few aspects of the story that are suspicious, I think it is interesting because the entire thing was not seen by others. She was at a tourist destination, one would think others would notice. I also think this case intrigues me because the media coverage was so involved, you would think someone would confess to seeing her around the time of her disappearance after seeing the news story hundreds of times. Therefore, I think this is a fascinating case.

Another case that I find interesting for a different reason is the unsolved murder mystery of Stephanie Coyle. She was a woman who was brutally murdered near my hometown. Her killer was never caught and is still on the loose. This case is fascinating to me because it is so close to home. When I think of a brutal murder, I tend to think of a place that is nowhere near my life. It is in a far away world, that does not interfere with any aspect of my life. Knowing that this happened within minutes of my home is frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment