Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ways Someone Becomes a Hero

I think the first way someone becomes a hero is when they cognitively chose a daring path that may place them in danger, whether it be physical or mental. An example of such person might be a firefighter or policeman. I know that is a cliché answer but it is true. Those men and women place themselves in all kinds of danger including burning buildings and criminal minds. My second answer isn’t as cookie cutter of a response. It involves a person going through a hardship and learning to overcome it. The most specific example I can give to support this answer is my father. At age 24 he was involved in a farming accident that evidently led doctors to amputate his left leg from the knee down. My entire life I have watched him struggle with it but do everything a man with two legs can do, if not more. For this reason, I look up to him just as much as I look up to the men and women that society considers “heroes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment