Monday, January 28, 2013

A Few Knights From Today's Pop Culture!





These are a few examples of knights in today's pop culture. 

Starting from the top, I grew up with Sailor Moon. Tuxedo Mask was my first impression of courtly love and I love how Sailor Moon saves him just as much as he saves her. 

The next is Tom Hansen from (500) Days of Summer. Tom's story is what happens when you impress your own love ideals (like courtly ones that are impossible to live up to) upon someone else. 

Do I even need to explain Angel? I think you guys will pick up on that one. 

Finally, Scott Pilgrim.  Now, don't crucify me because I've only seen the movie. I saw it a couple years after it was released and loved the story. Scott falls in "love" with Ramona after seeing her once. He abandons everything in his quest to defeat her seven evil exes and earn her heart. Along the way he also learns to earn his own self respect. Knightly? I think so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment