Friday, January 18, 2013

Knights of today

        I definitely agree  that police, firefighters and people in the armed forces are heroic but while thinking about who the knights/ hero's of today are I thought about who had the qualities in my life. Hands down my parents are my knights of real life. They have protected me unselfishly my whole life. My mom has literally said once that she would take a bullet for me and I know my dad would do the same. The older I get the more I realize just how much my parents have done for me and I didn't even appreciate it for years. Truly good parents in my mind do not get enough recognition for their sacrifices  made for maybe even and unborn child they have never met. This unspoken bravery and protective instinct in my mind makes parents our knights of today coming to our rescue. A second example could be a spouse or significant other. Sure the term knight is a more medieval word but I believe my heroic knight still exists today and will be a loving caring protective husband one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment