Monday, April 29, 2013

The Dark Side...



Throughout the course of this semester in Heroes in Literature, I have learned so much about human nature. There were many viewings of movies and other short episodes of shows that I have never seen before. I remember feeling very distraught and upset while leaving class especially after viewing King Arthur and The Dark Night. I realized that there really is a dark side.. EVERYONE has one. I believe that I tend to look for only the good in people, but maybe in reality, I am just ignoring the fact or I am in disbelief that a bad side exists. I don’t like to think about the dark side. After having multiple conversations with friends about this class and how it made me feel, I realized that my mentality is almost like that of a person that believes that there is no hell. Just because it is something that is not pleasant to think about, does NOT mean that it is not still VERY much real. This class forced me to view things that I never had a desire to see, but I learned a great deal. It made me think in depth about humanity. Though this class taught me mostly about the dark side of people (at least that is what I took from the class), I have not once forgot that there are good people out there. There are modern day knights and heroes ready to fight the darkness…

No comments:

Post a Comment