Monday, April 29, 2013

Captain America!

         I decided to write my blog about my favorite superhero. My favorite superhero is Captain America. I love Captain America because he represents everything a hero should strive to be, which is humble, unselfish, compassionate, respectful and courageous. I also love Captain America because of the process he had to take to become a hero. Similar to Joseph Campbell’s depiction of a hero’s journey, Captain America had an unbelievable journey to become a hero. I think everyone tends to root for Captain America because he was once a small nobody and became the savior for the United States. My favorite part of Captain America’s is the fact that he represents and fights for the United States. To understand the essence of Captain America you just have to read Dr. Erskine’s quote regarding him, “This is why you were chosen. Because a strong man, who has known power all his life, will lose respect for that power. But a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows compassion.” Captain America definitely relates to our class because he is a captain and a hero. He is also an example of a “farm boy” hero.





No comments:

Post a Comment