Sunday, April 28, 2013

Life Acts a Bit Like Jack Sparrow

Alright, so, in recent thought I have noticed that life acts a bit like Jack Sparrow.

You see, we expect life to meander along in a slow and gentle pace, for we are humble blacksmiths who sit by and admire the beauty of the woman we cannot possibly have.

And then life walks in. Life is a sassy, drunk pirate who liberates us of these thoughts and shows us how things aren't meant to meander.

Take for instance, my life. I live at about a steady 60 mph, on normal days, I'm a busy person, but I'm not extremely busy. I do my thing, go to my meetings and generally move along.

Then one day, Kayla  (my bestie) stops this cute blonde boy outside of the library.

Next thing I know, we're watching Bravest Warriors in his room and I send Kayla a text that says "he's really cute." when I leave for work.

Three days later, hey, I'm in a relationship.

In my own mind, I'm like WHAAAT? I've been learning to live with my lot this semester and accept that maybe right now isn't the best time for a relationship and them BAM out of nowhere comes the sassy drunk pirate. However, my personal pirate happens to be a guy who might have walked out of my dreams.

I went from the wasteland of dedicating myself to school work to now still dedicating myself but with someone with me. It's a strange thing. They say that it is weird to be single after a long period of being in a relationship, but it's also weird to be in a relationship.

Of course, I say this in the most thankful way, because I couldn't have asked for a better sassy, drunk pirate.

As far as sassy, drunk pirates go, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment