Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Favorite Hero


In this class we have covered men in capes, vampire slayers, spaceship captains and other crazy things.  However, the one thing that we covered that I thought I would be excited about was wizards! I was disappointed with Harry Dresden but he did not change my love for Harry Potter.  I think that Harry Potter should definitely be incorporated into this class.  The whole class is focused on heroes and Harry is most certainly one of them.  He helps people, fights for what he believes in, fights for his girl, and has a wand that he uses to cast spells.  Harry Potter can be a classic example of a hero and we can just see the popularity of this story line from large number of books and movies that have been sold since it has come out.  Harry Potter even has his own theme park that was modeled after him.  The United States obviously sees him as a hero and I think that he would bring a new light to the class.  We didn't get to see any broom riding, three headed dogs, chocolate frogs or giant snakes this semester and I really think it would spice things up!

                                          
Melissa Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment