Saturday, March 30, 2013

Nobodies who Became Heroes



A “nobody” that becomes a hero… one person that comes to my mind is Todd Beamer. Beamer was aboard Flight 93 on September 11, 2011. He was part of the group that decided to rush the hijackers of the plane to save the lives of many innocent people. Todd was an ordinary man who had a passion for sports and being a Godly husband to his wife, Lisa and father to their two sons, David and Drew. Todd Beamer made a call just after the hijackers took over the flight to the desk to a woman named Lisa Jefferson to explain what was going on. He talked with her until they put their plan into action and try to stop the hijackers. Beamer left behind his wife, Lisa along with David and Drew and the new baby that they were expecting in that upcoming January. Todd Beamer risked his life in attempt to save those on Flight 93, his family, the nation. He was a “nobody” that became a hero.

I also believe that parents are some of our biggest heroes. Most parents are ordinary folks who work ordinary jobs and raise their children in the best way they know how. Most people view them as “nobodies”. Growing up, I for one never appreciated my parents to the extent that I do now. I can see, looking back, how many times they sacrificed what they wanted to allow me to have what I wanted or needed at the time. So many nights of driving my sister and I to ball games, practices, concerts.. spending the day with us instead of their friends. These parents are as ordinary as one can get, but in my eyes, they are heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment